Bowlers who have taken hat-trick wickets in the World Cup: – Who doesn’t like two cricket. Today cricket’s popularity is seen. Cricket is so popular in our India that everyone is ready to watch cricket. Cricket World Cup 2019 In the 28th match, Mohammed Shami has registered his name in the record list of taking hat-trick wickets in the World Cup.
Read Also:- Best Upcoming Technologies Of 2020
In this way, Cricket World Cup has become the 9th bowler to take hat-trick wickets. In this list, Sri Lankan hit bowler Lasith Malinga has taken two hat-trick wickets.
History of World Cup
The Cricket World Cup began in England on 7 June 1975. Since then, there have been a total of 11 World Cups in which Australia has won the team 5 times, while India and West Indies have won 2-2 times and Sri Lanka and Pakistan respectively. Have won 1–1 times.
Bowlers taking hat-trick wickets in World Cup
In the World Cup, 9 bowlers have taken 10 hat-trick wickets, which are being named as of now.
- Chetan Sharma: – Chetan Sharma is the first name to take hat-trick wicket in the World Cup. Chetan Sharma did this feat against New Zealand in 1987. He bowled Rutherford, Ian Smith and Ewen Chatfield as his hat-trick wicket. The special thing was that Chetan Sharma had cleanly bowled these three players and Team India was victorious in this match.
- Saqlain Mustaq (Pakistan): – Pakistan bowler Saqlain Mustaq did this feat against Zimbabwe in 1999. He dismissed Henry Alonga, Adam Heckle and Pommy Mbangwa and became the second bowler to take a hat-trick wicket in the World Cup, which was won by Pakistan.
- Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka): – Sri Lankan bowler Chaminda took a hat-trick wicket in the match of Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh in 2003, in which Chaminda took history, taking all three wickets for the first three balls of his first over. He dismissed Hanan Sarkar, Mohammad Ashrafu and Ehsanul Haq with his bowling, and Sri Lanka won the match by 10 wickets.
4.Brett Lee (Australia): – Australian fast bowler Brett Lee is also involved in this hat-trick wicket, he took a hat-trick wicket in 2003, just eleven days after Chaminda Vaas hat-trick, between Australia vs Kenya. He had sent Kennedy Otinoo, Brijal Patel and David Obuya to the pavilion in his hat-trick over.
5.Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka): – Lasith Malinga took the first hat-trick wicket against South Africa in the 2007 World Cup. He did not take a hat-trick in his one over but the last two balls of his over and the first ball of his next over. But took a hat-trick with wickets in the match. He dismissed Shaun Pollock, Andrew Hall and Jack Kallis. The match was won by South Africa.
In this way, Malinga took the first hat-trick wicket in the World Cup.
- Kemar Roach (West Indies): – Kemar Roach is the West Indies fast bowler, he took a hat-trick wicket in the 2011 World Cup, taking the wickets of Peter Sealar, Bernard Loots and Berend Westdijk.
The match took place between the West Indies and the Netherlands.
7.Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka): – The Sri Lankan fast bowler took the hat-trick wicket in the World Cup again in 2011. Along with this, he also set the record for taking two hat-trick wickets in the world. Shem Goche was sent to the pavilion.
The match was played between Sri Lanka vs Kenya.
Bowlers taking hat-trick wickets in World Cup
- Steven Finn (England): – Steven Finn took a hat-trick wicket in 2015. With this he became the 8th bowler to take a hat-trick wicket in the World Cup. He dismissed Brad Haddin, Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Johnson in his hat-trick over. Sent the pavilion.
The match was played between Australia and England.
- JP Duminy (South Africa): – JP Duminy is a left-handed all-round player from South Africa. In the 2015 World Cup, he took hat-trick wickets by dismissing Sri Lanka’s Angelo Mathews, Nuwan Kulasekara and Tharindu Kaushal. The 9th hat-trick took wicket-taker as Duminy.
Bowlers taking hat-trick wickets in World Cup matches
- Mohammed Shami (India): – The name of Indian team right-arm fast bowler Mohammed Shami has also joined the hat-trick wicket takers in the World Cup, he did this in the 28th match of the World Cup 2019.
India’s match was with Afghanistan. India won the match by 11 runs due to Shami’s hat-trick wicket in the final over. Shami took the wickets of Mujib ur Rehman , Aftab Alam and Mohammad Nabi.
So friends, how did you feel about our bowler taking hat-trick wickets in our post World Cup history, you must tell us in the comment box below. Also, if you have any suggestion or question of any kind, you can also ask us in the comment box below. .